Tyler, The Creator’s latest project, IGOR, has made its Billboard 200 debut at No. 1 for the week ending May 23.
It marks the first time the Odd Future alum has accomplished such a feat. The 12-track project serves as the follow-up to the 2017 Grammy Award-nominated Flower Boy, which made its entrance on the chart at No. 2.
Closely behind is DJ Khaled’s Father Of Asahd, which hit the chart at No. 2. Meanwhile, Megan Thee Stallion has cracked the Top 10 with Fever and JayDaYoungan’s Endless Pain hobbles on to the chart at No. 70.
Flower Boy Blooms
Tyler, The Creator is likely on top of the world this Memorial Day after his fifth solo studio album nabbed the Billboard 200 crown. With 164,866 total album equivalent units, 74,052 pure albums sales and a streaming count of 122,858,894, IGOR outsold Flower Boy by roughly 4,000 album equivalent units.
Entirely self-produced, the album features guest appearances from Playboi Carti, Lil Uzi Vert, Solange, Kanye West and Jerrod Carmichael as well as backing vocals from Santigold, Jessy Wilson, La Roux, CeeLo Green, Charlie Wilson, Slowthai and Pharrell Williams, among others.
Read the IGOR review here.
Another … Two
DJ Khaled’s Father Of Asahd came close to debuting in Billboard’s coveted spot, but alas, it hit No. 2 with 135,802 total album equivalent units, 33,834 pure album sales and a streaming count of 123,208,459.
The prolific producer’s last album, Grateful, managed to get the job done upon its 2017 release. It debuted at No. 1 with approximately 149,000 total album equivalent units sold in its first week.
Father Of Asahd is another star-studded affair, boasting guest vocals from JAY-Z, Future, Beyoncé, Buju Banton, Cardi B, 21 Savage, Lil Wayne, Chris Brown, Meek Mill, Nipsey Hussle, Nas, Post Malone and Rick Ross.
Read the Father Of Asahd review here.
Megan Thee Stallion’s “hood rat shit” has taken her debut album, Fever, to the Top 10. Reeling in 27,956 total album equivalent units, 3,725 pure album sales and a streaming count of 30,614,086, the project has squeezed into the No. 10 spot.
The 14-track effort is light on the features — DaBaby and Juicy J are the only guest vocalists who appear on the album.
Read the Fever review here.
Top 10 Billboard 200 Rap & R&B Albums For The Week Ending 05/23/2019
Note: The first number below is this week’s “total album equivalent units” count, an intersection of album sales, single sales, and streams implemented by Billboard’s new rating system. A pure album sales figure is available in bold in parenthesis and information about each album’s streaming count is available in brackets.
- Tyler, The Creator — IGOR — No. 1 — 164,866 (74,052) [122,858,894]
- DJ Khaled – Father of Asahd — No. 2 — 135,802 (33,834) [123,208,459]
- Khalid — Free Spirit — No. 4 — 40,443 (3,249) [47,969,53]
- DaBaby — Baby On Baby — No. 7 — 29,877 (316) [41,655,859]
- Logic — Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind — No. 8 — 28,832 (1,756) [36,836,646]
- Megan Thee Stallion — Fever — No. 10 — 27,956 (3,725) [30,614,086]
- Post Malone — Beerbongs & Bentleys — No. 11 — 26,937 (1,158) [35,112,347]
- Drake — Scorpion — No. 13 — 25,901 (1,035) [33,140,720]
- Lizzo — Cuz I Love You — No. 13 — 25,423 (2,861) [27,432,946]
- Juice WRLD — Death Races For Love — No. 15 — 24,610 (307) [37,898,045]