Alleged Nine Trey member and 6ix9ine’s ex-manager Kifano “Shotti” Jordan was among the casualties in the government’s case against the gang. Last September, he received 15 years in prison for charges related to the federal racketeering case. [apple_news_ad type=”any”]
Roughly four months into his sentence, Shotti — wearing all grey sweats and a read rosary around his neck — has provided an update from prison, which includes a subtle message for his adversaries.
“DIFFRENT SURROUNDINGS BUT ITS STILL TR3YWAY!!!” the caption reads in all caps.. “PRAY 4 MY ENEMIES!!!”
Shotti was arrested alongside 6ix9ine in November 2018. Subsequently, he pleaded guilty to two federal weapon counts, admitting to “using and possessing a firearm in furtherance of a crime of violence” and “discharging a firearm in furtherance of a crime of violence.”
Prosecutors said the two charges relate to an April 3, 2018 assault in Manhattan and a shooting in Brooklyn on April 21 of the same year.
“Today, Kifano Jordan admitted in open court to committing multiple acts of violence in furtherance of the Nine Trey enterprise,” Manhattan U.S. Attorney Geoffrey S. Berman said in a statement. “This conduct is simply intolerable.”
In December 2019, 6ix9ine was given a significantly reduced sentence thanks to his cooperation with the federal government. Instead of the 47 years he was initially facing, he received 24 months with five years supervised release, 300 hours of community service and a $35,000 fine. Due to The 85 Percent Rule, he could be out as early as July 2020.
Earlier this week, his attorney Lance Lazzaro filed paperwork asking a judge to allow the embattled rapper to serve out the rest of his sentence at home, citing safety concerns.