The Superfly soundtrack is now super long. The second half of the Future-curated album was released on Friday (June 15) and boasts 10 more tracks.
Guest spots include Young Thug, 21 Savage, G Herbo, Future, Rick Ross and Smif-N-Wessun.
The Superfly remake hit theaters on June 13 and the soundtrack’s first installment included Lil Wayne, Miguel, Khalid and more.
Check out the album stream, cover art and tracklist below.
- If You Want It f. Scar
- New Goals (performed by French Montana f. Rico Love)
- That’s How I Grew Up (performed by G Herbo f. 21 Savage)
- Rep Yo Click (performed by Lil Jon f. Bangladesh, Freeway and CyHI The Prynce)
- Please Forgive (performed by Lecrae with Sean Garrett and Crystal Nicole)
- Capone Suite (performed by Rick Ross f. Smif-N-Wessun)
- Struggles (performed by Future f. Sleepy Brown)
- Find My Way Out (performed by HoodCelebrityy)
- La Dueña (performed by A.CHAL)
- Georgia (performed by Future f. Young Thug)
(This post has been updated. The following was previously published on June 7, 2018.)
The upcoming remake of Superfly doesn’t hit theaters until June 13, but its Future-helmed soundtrack is available now.
The Freebandz head honcho, who also serves as a producer for the film, has curated a 13-track album that attempts to live up to the high bar set by the original soundtrack, which was created by the legendary Curtis Mayfield. Lil Wayne, Young Thug, 21 Savage, Khalid, PARTYNEXTDOOR and Miguel are just a few of the artists joining Future on the project.
Check out the Superfly soundtrack stream, cover art and tracklist below.
(This post has been updated. The following was previously published on May 31, 2018.)
Future won’t be the only Hip Hop star appearing on the Superfly remake’s soundtrack. Entertainment Weekly has unveiled the tracklist for the upcoming project, which is scheduled to drop on June 8, and it includes some big names.
The 13-track album features contributions by Lil Wayne, Young Thug, 21 Savage, Khalid, PARTYNEXTDOOR, Miguel, Yung Bans, Gunna, Sleepy Brown, H.E.R. and Scar. Future is featured on 10 of the songs.
Check out the Future-curated Superfly soundtrack below.
1. If You Want It – Sleepy Brown f. Scar
2. What’s Up With That – Future f. 21 Savage
3. No Shame – Future f. PARTYNEXTDOOR
4. Walk On Minks – Future
5. Tie My Shoes – Future f. Young Thug
6. Stains – Future
7. Show My Chain Some Love – Future f. Young Thug
8. R.A.N. – Miguel
9. This Way – Khalid & H.E.R.
10. Bag – Future f. Yung Bans
11. Drive Itself – Future f. Lil Wayne
12. Money Train – Future f. Young Thug & Gunna
13. Nowhere – Future
(The original version of this article was published on May 26 2018 and can be found below.)
Future is expanding his business endeavors and making his way into Hollywood. The Freebandz founder has joined the production team behind a remake of the 1972 Blaxploitation film Superfly, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Deadline reports Future is also responsible for curating the soundtrack.
Jason Mitchell, who portrayed Eazy-E in the N.W.A biopic Straight Outta Compton, has been cast in the film. Director X, who’s helmed videos for many of Hip Hop biggest acts such as Kendrick Lamar and Drake, has been hired to direct.
“Big tings!” X wrote on Tuesday (January 16) alongside a picture of the cast and crew. “Proud to announce that I will be directing the remix of the 70’s cult classic @SuperflyMovie with veteran film producer, Joel Silver and @Future #Superfly.”
Superfly is best known for its iconic soundtrack, which was crafted by Curtis Mayfield. The soul legend’s album was one of the few soundtracks in history to outgross its film, peaking at #1 on the Billboard 200. Two singles from the LP, “Freddie’s Dead” and the title track, also reached the Top 5 of the Billboard Hot 100.
Revisit the original title track below.