Los Angeles, CA

YoungBoy Never Broke Again was taken into FBI custody on a federal warrant in Los Angeles, California on Monday (March 22) and now, video of the arrest has surfaced online.

In the clip, several police officers have the street taped off as a helicopter circles above. One officer commands the platinum-selling rapper to “come out with your hands raised and follow directions.”

He then prepares the 21-year-old Louisiana native for the K9 unit to be deployed, adding, “When the dog finds you, do not move.” The dog ultimately sniffs YoungBoy out and he’s quickly placed in handcuffs.

YoungBoy was reportedly pulled over on Monday afternoon and attempted to drive off, taking the officers on a brief pursuit. Once the car was stopped, the father of seven then fled on foot, forcing the officers to set up a perimeter. Officers discovered weapons inside YoungBoy’s vehicle but didn’t confirm if they belonged to him.



Legal troubles continue to follow the Top artist. In September 2020, he was one of 16 arrested in a Baton Rouge parking lot on multiple drugs and weapons charges. Cops discovered handguns, rifles, drugs, $47,000 in cash, multiple pieces of jewelry and a $300,000 check made out to YoungBoy following a search of his vehicle.

He was promptly arrested and charged with possession of a schedule 1 drug (which can include LSD, marijuana, ecstasy or heroin), distribution/manufacturing of a schedule 2 drug (which can include prescription painkillers such as Vicodin or Oxycontin as well as cocaine or methamphetamine) and distribution/manufacturing of a schedule 4 drug (Xanax or other substances lower in abuse potential).

YoungBoy Never Broke Again Reportedly In FBI Custody After K9 Unit Chases Him Down In L.A.

YoungBoy’s attorney James Manasseh issued a statement shortly after his client’s arrest and proclaimed his innocence.



“He was one of nearly a dozen,” the statement read at the time. “He was detained around 5 pm last evening. I went to the scene. As of about 8 pm last night the police officer I spoke with informed me they were trying to ‘sort out’ what happened and couldn’t tell me what any of the 10 or so people who were detained would be charged.

“I received a call from family at 5 am saying he had been taken to parish prison. I just learned he was charged related to carrying a firearm. He is innocent. Other had firearms. But he did not. Hopefully I will received the arrest affidavit this morning and trust that these charges will not be pursued. Just because someone is arrested, does not mean they are guilty of a crime.”