Los Angeles, CA – As Suge Knight awaits his January 2018 trial date for the death of 55-year-old Terry Carter, the former Death Row Records CEO is reportedly making some serious allegations (again).
In new legal documents obtained by TMZ, Knight is accusing Dr. Dre of paying a person named Dwayne Johnson to kill him.
Knight claims he met with a private investigator in July 2016 and saw a check written out to Johnson for $20,000 as partial payment for the job. Johnson, who was also at the meeting with Knight and the private investigator, reportedly confirmed the transaction.
On January 29, 2015 — the day Carter was killed in Compton, California — Knight says he had reason to fear for his life, and that Johnson had been at the same parking lot where the incident occured that day.
This isn’t the first time Knight has accused Dre of plotting to kill him. In April 2016, legal documents filed by Knight’s former lawyer, Thaddeus Culpepper, said the Beats By Dre mastermind worked with the L.A. County Sheriff’s Department in 2014 to have Knight killed at the Hollywood nightclub 1 OAK, where Knight was shot seven times.
Culpepper claimed that a gunman at 1 OAK allegedly confessed to receiving $50,000 from Dre to kill Knight.
In October 2016, Knight reportedly planned to sue Dre for allegedly hiring a hitman to take him out and demanded a 30 percent cut from Dre’s entertainment earnings.
Dre’s lawyers have denied all the claims, and reportedly called the latest allegations “absurd.”