New York, NY – Casanova is currently behind bars on racketeering charges stemming from his alleged involvement in the Untouchable Gorilla Stone Nation gang — and it looks like he won’t be getting out anytime soon.

According to VladTV, a judge denied bail for the 34-year-old rapper after prosecutors presented their case earlier this month. During their arguments, prosecutors cited a November 2019 Nick Cannon interview in which Casanova tells the Power 106 host he’s “still ape,” meaning he’s still a part of Gorilla Stone.

Around eight minutes into the audio, prosecutors refer to the interview as “clear and reliable evidence” of Casanova’s continued involvement in the gang. They also cite a private text message in which Cas allegedly says, “I’m under Dick Wolf, the godfather of all apes,” which they believe proves his high ranking role in the criminal organization.

Casanova was one of 18 alleged members of the Untouchable Gorilla Stone Nation gang who was arrested last November on charges of murder, attempted murder, racketeering, assault, fraud and more. Despite the optics, Casanova’s attorney James Kousouros believes he can secure a full acquittal for his client — despite a judge already denying his bond in January.

Kousouros proposed freeing him on a $2.5 million bond provided by 13 people who would put up money or property him. But he would’ve had to agreed to be placed on house arrest and wear an ankle monitor. Kousouros said prosecutors had provided no evidence to back up the allegations against Casanova and insisted photos of guns found on Casanova’s phones were fake weapons used to promote the song “Gripped Up.”

“We say the government is providing the court with photos of weapons that are promotional photographs,” Kousouros said at the time. “(Casanova’s) appearances are very public, they’re photographed. You never see him with a weapon.”

Casanova Reportedly Surrenders To Police Following Gang Indictment

The Roc Nation artist faces up to life in prison if convicted but maintains his innocence.

“As you already know I’m fighting serious charges right now,” he said in an Instagram video. “But um, I’m innocent – that’s one. Two, I been fighting my whole life so I’ll get through this. But just understand how they could get you jammed up.”

On Sunday (March 14), he followed up with, “IF YOU AIN’T SEND ME NO MONEY OR CHECK IN ON ME AND YOU SUPPOSEDLY MY MANS, SUCK MY DICK‼️‼️‼️AND THAT GOES FOR ANYBODY!”