From the back of his tour bus, he recorded a quick video addressing his fans in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan, where he was performing as part of The After Party Tour later that night.
“Yo, what’s up Mt. Pleasant, Michigan, it’s your boy Kellz,” he said. “I just want y’all to know I’m five minutes away from your city. I’m ready to do my thing tonight. I want to thank all of the fans for coming out and supporting me, so I will be there. And I want everybody around the world to know — ain’t no tours cancelled, man, alright? Despite what you hear, don’t believe the hype. I haven’t cancelled not one show. I’m ready to get it in tonight. I’ll see y’all in a few minutes. I love y’all. Peace.”
The controversial R&B singer had already taken to Instagram on July 27 to record a video addressing the East Coast leg of the tour and seemingly called the allegations of an underage sex cult a “bunch of crap.”
“Despite all of the crap y’all hearing, I will be coming to the East Coast to do my show,” he said. “And believe me y’all, it’s a bunch of crap.”
Although Kelly clearly denies any of his shows have been cancelled, the plug has been reportedly pulled on at least four different shows in Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Dallas and Los Angeles for poor ticket sales.
An entire county in Georgia also wants to ban Kelly from performing. On Thursday (August 3), the Fulton County commissioners asked the county attorney to send a letter to Live Nation requesting Kelly’s August 25 concert at the Wolf Creek Amphitheater be stopped. Live Nation will reportedly not oblige.
Check out Kelly’s videos above.