Rapper/producer Quelle Chris is preparing a new album for 2017 as he announces Being You is Great, I Wish I Could Be You More Often, set for a February 10 release date.
The follow-up to last year’s Lullabies for the Broken Brain is a concept album that came about after Chris had a conversation about the many moods people go through from “both our own bad spirits and bursts of inspiration” to “those unavoidable Serotonin and dopamine peaks and valleys” and embracing all of it, he explains in a press release.
“It’s an album about the perfection of imperfections, highs and lows. A ‘human’ album,” he says in a statement to HipHopDX.
For Being You is Great, I Wish I Could Be You More Often, Quelle Chris enlists Homeboy Sandman, Elzhi and Roc Marciano for features. He handles a good amount of the production with Alchemist, MNDSGN, Iman Omari, Chris Keys and Swarvy doing the rest of the work behind the boards.
The first single off the LP is “BS Vibes” featuring House Shoes. Stream the track below and view the cover art and tracklist for Being You is Great, I Wish I Could Be You More Often.
- Buddies (prod. Ayepee)
- Popeye f. I, Ced (prod. MNDSGN)
- In Case I Lost Myself f. Cavalier, Denmark Vessey, Goose (prod. Iman Omari)
- Fascinating Grass f. Big Tone, Roc Marciano, 87 (prod. Quelle Chris)
- BS Vibes f. House Shoes (prod. Chris Keys)
- Dumb For Brains f. Cavalier (prod. Quelle Chris)
- Calm Before f. Cavalier, Suzi Analog (prod. Quelle Chris)
- The Prestige f. Jean Grae (prod. Quelle Chris)
- The Dreamer (prod. Quelle Chris)
- I’m That N!@@a f. Denmark Vessey (prod. Chris Keys)
- Birthdaze (prod. Swarvy)
- Learn To Love Hate (prod. Ched Biscuits)
- Great To Be f. Bilal Salaam (prod. Chris Keys)
- Don’t Get Changed f. Denmark Vessey & Elzhi (prod. Quelle Chris)
- PENdulum Swing f. Homeboy Sandman (prod. Alchemist)