Tekashi 6ix9ine continues to reveal more details in the alleged kidnapping and robbery that went down over the weekend. The 22-year-old Brooklyn native was hospitalized on Sunday (July 22) after being pistol-whipped and put into the back of a car.
In a new interview with TMZ Live on Monday (July 23), the eccentric rapper says he believes he was set up by people in his circle.
“We got hit by a car,” he explains. “Our vehicle got hit by another vehicle from behind. As the driver got out, the gunman came out. I blacked out right there. All I saw was a flash. It just happened so quick. All I saw was the gun in my face and when I woke up, I was in the backseat of a car.
“And I had nothing. I literally had nothing. All I had was a phone and a debit card. I said, ‘Listen, allow me to see my daughter another day. I got some jewelry in the house. Y’all can have that.’ I didn’t tell them where I live. They went to the front of my house. Somebody must have told them where I live and had been following me and watching me. It was like an inside job.”
Some people online accused 6ix9ine of pulling a publicity stunt to promote his new video for “FEFE” featuring Nicki Minaj, something he denies.
“I wouldn’t want to set up a publicity stunt and lose close to a million dollars,” he says. “I guess I’m like the boy who called wolf ’cause I’ve trolled so much. When it’s actually real, people don’t believe it anymore.”
“As much as I want to be a regular person, I can’t,” he continues. “It’s just impossible. It comes with the fame I guess.” [apple_news_ad type=”any”]