Nipsey Hussle’s murder trial is underway in Los Angeles, over three years since the celebrated rapper was gunned down in front of his Marathon Clothing store. On Tuesday (June 28), Nipsey’s alleged killer Eric Holder was expected back in court, but the hearing was reportedly delayed after he was assaulted by fellow inmates.
Holder’s injuries were apparently so severe he needed three staples in the back of his head. Holder’s attorney confirmed he was attacked by two people while in his holding cell, cut by what is believed to have been a razor. Holder allegedly lost consciousness during the attack and was obviously too hurt to attend trial.
Now, photos of Holder post-assault have surfaced online. On Friday (July 1), The Neighborhood Talk shared an Instagram post showing Holder with a swollen left eye, swollen lips and cuts on his head.
View this post on Instagram
Holder stands accused of killing Nipsey Hussle in March 2019. During the initial hearing earlier this month, Deputy District Attorney John McKinney alleged Holder gunned down Nipsey, walked over to his bullet-riddled body and kicked him in the head.
McKinney then told the jurors Holder said to Nipsey, “You’re through,” to which Nip replied, “You got me.” He later revealed a bullet had actually “transected” Nipsey’s spine, meaning even if he had survived, he would’ve been paralyzed for the rest of his life.
Holder pleaded not guilty to one count of murder, two counts of attempted murder, two counts of assault with a deadly weapon and one count of felony possession of a firearm in connection with the fatal shooting. He faces life in prison if convicted.