Megan Thee Stallion sat down with Gayle King for an interview on CBS Morningson Monday (April 25), which quickly became a social media talking point. As the interview started trending on Twitter, 50 Cent evidently caught wind of the discussion and found one particular topic hard to swallow.
On Tuesday (April 26), the rapper-turned-television mogul shared a clip of the interview with King asking Megan if she had been “intimate” with Tory Lanez before the July 2020 shooting incident. Lanez has previously alleged he was sleeping with both Megan and her former best friend Kelsey Nicole. According to 50 Cent, she took too long to respond.
“Now that, I don’t believe, she had to think about her answer,” he wrote. “SMH all this shit is crazy. so old boy did the harlem nights shit and said dance bitch!”
There have been several controversial takes on Megan Thee Stallion’s interview. Inflammatory music manager Wack 100 shared his thoughts on the interview and called Tory Lanez the “real victim” in the case.
“Not only did we say you lied, ‘YOU’ said ‘YOU’ lied,” he wrote alongside a clip of the interview. “Now it went from saying you stepped on glass to a gun shot to the foot to I didn’t want them to Kill any of us!! I’m crying for @torylanez the REAL VICTIM.
“All this needs to stop no DNA or prints on the gun and she’s still going. Guess we can call it the little boy that cried wolf. After all a #Stallion is a #Colt at birth right!! Hope that didn’t go over ya heads.”
Megan Thee Stallion had some words for anyone doubting her story. When someone tweeted, “Crazy how Meg gets to speak on whomever platform or song about the situation but tory or he goes to jail being its still an open investigation,” Megan posed a logical question in response: “So A man can shoot me, chop up horse legs in music videos to taunt me, pay blogs to spread false information from what’s happening in court, record studio albums and make diss tracks … but when I talk to gayle king that’s the last straw? FUCK YALL.”
Tory Lanez and Megan Thee Stallion are expected back in a Los Angeles courtroom on August 17.