LOS ANGELES, CA – Dr. Dre is reportedly back home resting and in recovery mode after being rushed to the hospital for a brain aneurysm on January 4. According to TMZ, the West Coast legend was released from Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles on Friday (January 15).

Dre isn’t totally in the clear just yet when it comes to his health. Doctors want to keep a watchful eye on him and he will be under 24/7 surveillance at his residence by health officials for the next few weeks to make sure his recovery goes smooth.

The Hip Hop mogul was allegedly in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) until Wednesday (January 13) when he was moved to a private room to ride out the rest of his hospital stay. Doctors still haven’t figured out exactly what triggered the aneurysm and that has played a role in their decision to watch him at home.

Ice-T also gave an update on Dre’s health, claiming he spoke with the superproducer over FaceTime.

“Update: Just FaceTimed with @drdre He just made it home,” he wrote. “Safe and looking good.”

With Dre avoiding a “bad outcome,” he gave fans a positive update shortly after being hospitalized on January 4.

“Thanks to my family, friends and fans for their interest and well wishes,” he wrote on Instagram. “I’m doing great and getting excellent care from my medical team. I will be out of the hospital and back home soon. Shout out to all the great medical professionals at Cedars. One love!”


View this post on Instagram


A post shared by Dr. Dre (@drdre)

Even during his 11-day stay in the hospital, it was still a hectic time for Dre regarding matters outside his health. Dre’s Pacific Palisades home reportedly became the target of an attempted robbery early January 6. All four of the robbers were apprehended after security found them on the property.

Dr. Dre Reportedly Agrees To Pay $2M In Temporary Spousal Support To Estranged Wife From His Hospital Bed

The Death Row icon also made a motion in his divorce case with estranged wife Nicole Young. From his hospital bed, Dre agreed to give Young the $2 million in temporary spousal support she has been demanding since filing for divorce in June 2020.