In the hopes of remedying the childhood obesity epidemic, First Lady Michelle Obama is continuing to promote her “Let’s Move” campaign and even has plans on releasing a Hip Hop-inspired album in support of the health and fitness campaign.
According to BallOverAll.com, the Let’s Move album will feature a handful of Hip Hop notables including DMC of Run DMC and Doug E. Fresh as well as acts like Travis Barker, Ashanti, Jordin Sparks, and Kidz In The Hall emcee Naledge. It is unlikely that the project will include any singing or rapping on behalf of Michelle Obama.
First announced well over three years ago, the “Let’s Move” campaign was created to solve “the problem of obesity within a generation” by “combining comprehensive strategies with common sense.”
Since its creation in 2010, the “Let’s Move” campaign has garnered the support of numerous celebrities including Master P and Beyonce, the latter of which is featured in the campaign’s “Move Your Body” flash workout video.
A full tracklist for the Let’s Move album, which is presented by Partnership For A Healthier America and Hip Hop Public Health, can be found below.
1. “U R What You Eat” f/ Salad Bar (Matisyahu, Ariana Grande, Travis Barker)
2. “Everybody” f/ Jordin Sparks, Doug E. Fresh, Dr. Oz, Ryan Beatty, Hip Hop MD
3. “Let’s Move” f/ Doug E. Fresh, Artie Green, Chauncey Hawkins
4. “Just Believe” featuring Ashanti, Gerry Gunn, Artie Green, Robbie Nova
5. “Veggie Luv” f/ Monifah and J Rome
6. “Hip Hop FEET” f/ DMC and Artie Green
7. “Stronger” f/ Shayna Steele, Jeremy Jordan, Our Time Theater kids, and E-Street Band guitarist Nils Lofgren
8. “Give Myself a Try” f/ Ryan Beatty
9. “Jump Up” f/ Brady Rymer and the Little band that Could
10. “Hip Hop LEAN” f/ Artie Green
11. “Pass the Rock” f/ Iman Schumpert and Artie Green
12. “Good Living” f/ Ashton Jones
13. “Beautiful” f/ Daisy Grant and Artie Green
14. “Change the Game” f/ The Happiness Club, featuring Naledge
15. “Wanna Jump (Let’s Move)” f/ Paul Burch
16. “Mother May I” f/ Amelia Robinson
17. “We Like vegetables” f/ Los Barkers!
18. “Get Up Sit Up” f/ Babi Floyd
19. “One Step Forward” f/ Samite