42 Dugg is currently behind bars after pleading guilty to prison evasion, and has released a statement for his fans as he awaits sentencing.

The “We Paid” rapper made headlines last week after news broke that he could be facing up to five more years for the case, which has played out over the last few years. Taking to his Instagram Story on Tuesday (March 28), he gave a brief update.

“A lot of these n-ggas got get out jail free cards, I guess ’cause I’m turnt I gotta go through the worst!!!!!! Death Before Dishonor, #FREEDEMBOYZ.”

Check out the post below.

As previously reported, Dugg pleaded guilty to his failure to surrender case back in February, though news just hit about it last week. While prosecutors have agreed to recommend the same six-month sentence he is accused of skipping out on, presiding judge William Ray II has the ability to overrule the recommendation and hit Dugg with up to five years behind bars.

42 Dugg Premieres 'Soon' Video While He Awaits Sentencing

42 Dugg Premieres 'Soon' Video While He Awaits Sentencing

The Detroit rapper has also agreed to attend a 30-day inpatient drug treatment program after his release, followed by a 30-day outpatient program.

The original issue began back in November 2019, when the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) received a tip that Dugg had fired a weapon at an Atlanta gun range. As a convicted felon for prior carjacking and firearms possession charges, he was not allowed to fire any weapon, and he was ultimately arrested and charged with felony firearms possession in March 2020.

In May 2021, 42 Dugg and his legal team entered plea negotiations for the gun charge, which carried a maximum sentence of 10 years. With the plea deal, he was able to avoid jail time and get away with probation. However, a judge revoked his probation soon after and slapped him with six months in jail and two years of supervised release.

42 Dugg was expected to surrender and report to a West Virginia prison in April of last year. He did not, however, and federal agents had to retrieve him – which was evidently soon after he landed at a Detroit airport in May.

He initially pleaded not guilty with the excuse that he’s a sovereign citizen and doesn’t have to comply with federal law. That failed to work, though, and he’s now awaiting sentencing with his updated guilty plea.

He’ll return to court to learn his fate on May 10.