2 Chainz has denied that he was robbed June 9 in San Francisco, California. Today (June 13), though, the rapper’s security guard, Harold “Hammer Strength” Folsom called into Columbus, Ohio radio station Power 107.5 to discuss the incident, which Folsom said did, in fact, take place. TMZ has also posted surveillance video of the robbery.

Folsom said that after arriving in San Francisco June 9, 2 Chainz and his crew headed to the city’s downtown district. At about 4:30 pm, Folsom said they exited their van and were walking to a store when they were confronted.

All of a sudden three dudes just jumped out with huge guns, .357 Magnums,” Folsom said during the interview. “They pointed the guns at us and we was like ‘Whoa!’ We thought it was a joke for a minute. We looked at them, we stopped, kinda paused. We thought it was a joke. Then all we heard was, ‘2 Chainz give it up.’ So we like stood there and didn’t do anything, and we kinda like froze, cuz we wanted to see if this was real. All of a sudden, the next thing you know, 2 Chainz kinda like backed up a little bit. And then he said, ‘Give it up. Give it up.’ And then all of a sudden he took off. He took off running first. When he took off running, we took off running. Then all of a sudden these dudes, they just start shooting. I don’t know where they shot at.”

Folsom, who says he is from Columbus during the interview, said that some of the media reports regarding the robbery were inaccurate. “TMZ got it all like we just left and left him standing there, and we just took off,” said Folsom, who later added that he was right next to 2 Chainz when the robbery occurred. “But he started running first, and we took off after he took off. So I don’t know what they trying to make it seem like. The bottom line is he just fell, the dude he grabbed his wallet from him, and his cell phone from him, and that’s all they took. He has his chains on him, his bracelet and all that, and all his jewelry with him and they ain’t touch none of that. All they did is they got his wallet, and like I said, he ain’t got no money in his wallet. The bottom line is, man, it was a setup. We know it was a setup so, that’s why he told the police we will handle it.”

Folsom said that 2 Chainz performed as scheduled in San Francisco June 9. “We killed it that night,” he said. “We pray, man. We pray. We don’t care. We pray, so as long as we pray, we feel like God’s gonna protect us.

RELATED: Surveillance Video Released Of 2 Chainz At Gunpoint