J. Cole‘s Dreamville Festival is set to continue beyond 2025, but under different branding.
Cole had previously announced that the North Carolina-based festival was set to end this year, less than a decade after it launched in 2018.
AD LOADING...
However, Dreamville and Roc Nation promoter, Sascha Stone Guttfreund, announced at a press conference on Thursday (April 3) that the festival will essentially remain but under a different name.
While not revealing what the festival will be called, Guttfreund unveiled a pact to keep bringing large-scale music shows to the city of Raleigh for years to come.
AD LOADING...
“We’re going to be here for years to come. This is a multi-year deal, and we’re so excited to be working with the city of Raleigh together on something new and exciting, and to continue to build on this incredible thing that we’ve done over the years,” he said.
Raleigh City Manager Marchell Adams-David added: “We’re using the Dreamville label to a certain extent, he [Cole] will obviously be involved. Whether or not he headlines. That’s probably not going to be an occurrence, but he is a local resident. He is totally committed to this community, and he is totally committed to this festival.”
J. Cole’s longtime manager and business partner, Ib Hamad, also said: “We wanted to keep the feeling of just the community. We call it our family reunion. I think a lot of people from all over the world and from all 50 states come in, and it’s good to be able to do it here in North Carolina.”
The new festival is to be held at Dorothea Dix Park for at least the next four years.
AD LOADING...
The final iteration of Dreamville Festival is set to take place this weekend and will be headlined by J. Cole, as well as Lil Wayne (accompanied by the Hot Boys and Big Tymers), Erykah Badu and 21 Savage.
The diverse, star-studded bill also includes names such as GloRilla, PARTYNEXTDOOR, Ludacris, Tems, Chief Keef, Wale, Ab-Soul, Young Nudy, Coco Jones, Keyshia Cole and BigXthaPlug, among others.