Broward County, FL – YNW Melly has been behind bars since his 2019 arrest for the murders of Anthony Williams and Christopher Thomas Jr. As he continues to wait for his day in court, the 22-year-old rapper has revealed his prison phone privileges have been revoked. On Sunday (April 17), Melly shared an Instagram post wishing everyone a Happy Easter, while informing his friends and family he wouldn’t be able to call them for awhile.

“To all my loved ones and close friends I wanted to let everyone know, that my phone privilege have been revoked,” he wrote in the caption. “I am no longer allowed to call or have video visitation. That is the reason why no one has received any calls from me but do not worry, I am in great spirits. My happiness and faith will never be broken. Happy Easter to all my Fans and family and friends.”

YNW Melly’s double murder trial was expected to get underway on April 4 but hit a snag. Earlier this month, New York City-based attorney Mohammed Gangat revealed prosecutors said Melly’s numerous tattoos across his body would be used as evidence to help them “prove that one of the reasons behind this murder was a gang affiliation.”

Gangat continued, “Under Florida law, that’s an enhancement. It subjects you to, I think, the death penalty if you get convicted of murder with a gang connection. This coming week, the judge is going hear a motion seeking to exclude the prosecution’s expert witness who says that the fatal shots came from the backseat.”

YNW Melly Arrested For 1st-Degree Murder

Prosecutors had previously asked a Broward County judge to have YNW Melly submit an oral swab to see if his saliva matched the DNA discovered on a yellow jacket from the alleged scene of the murders. Akademiks later claimed the prosecution had obtained 66 pages of DNA evidence linking him to the scene.