The preliminary hearing for the Tory Lanez and Megan Thee Stallion case was held in Los Angeles on Tuesday (December 14) after a year of COVID-related delays, and Tory Lanez has a bone to pick with the way the media reported it.
The hearing featured testimony from Los Angeles Police Department detective Ryan Stonger, who was on scene interviewing Megan Thee Stallion following the shooting. Stonger testified an “intoxicated” Tory Lanez allegedly shouted, “Dance bitch!” before firing his weapon and hitting Meg in both feet.
The hearing was reported live by a reporter at Rolling Stone, but now Lanez has taken to Twitter and claimed the media got it wrong.
“NAH … i need someone to REPORT what was REALLY said in court today,” the Canadian rapper tweeted. “45 minutes of my lawyer stating contradictory evidence that proves my innocence should never come back as one false story forced to the media.”
NAH … i need someone to REPORT what was REALLY said in court today, 45 minutes of my lawyer stating contradictory evidence that proves my innocence should never come back as one false story forced to the media
— Tory Lanez (@torylanez) December 14, 2021
First witness in #ToryLanez prelim was LAPD Officer Sandra Cabral. She responded to "shots fired" investigation. Says Megan was in "a panic, frantic."
Says firearm found under Lanez's passenger seat "was warm to the touch," suggesting "the firearm had been used."
— Nancy Dillon (@Nancy__Dillon) December 14, 2021