T.I. is no stranger to the rough streets of Atlanta but at 40 years old, the married father of six and community advocate clearly doesn’t want to see violence in his city of Atlanta.

Following the death of Chicago rapper King Von, who was shot and killed outside of an Atlanta hookah bar on Friday (November 6), Tip issued a public service announcement to his Instagram page.

“Atlanta is a beautiful city filled with black excellence,” the text reads. “We uplift each other & win together. Stop coming here to kill each other. That shit is played out. Management.”

The Hustle Gang boss added in the caption, “Handle YOUR beefs in YOUR city. Thx in advance. – King.”


View this post on Instagram


Handle YOUR beefs in YOUR city. Thx in advance. – King

A post shared by TIP (@troubleman31) on

Investigators told the Atlanta Journal Constitution gunfire erupted outside of the Monaco Hookah Lounge in the early morning hours of November 6 after two large groups of people got into an altercation.

It was the second shooting at the hookah bar in a span of 24 hours. On Thursday (November 5), two people were wounded during another incident, but investigators have no evidence it was related to the King Von shooting, according to Atlanta police Deputy Chief Timothy Peek.

Peek said bullets were flying in multiple directions across the crime scene, which he described as “pretty chaotic.” Two off-duty police officers and one on-duty officer attempted to intervene but weren’t injured.

“The officers did shoot, but we want to ensure we look at the evidence and be able to prove who did what,” Leek said. “That’s why we are dependent on the GBI.”

King Von Reportedly Dead At 26 Following Atlanta Shooting

Von was one of five people hit and originally taken to Grady Hospital in critical condition where he later died from his injuries. The November 6 shooting was the 82nd officer-involved shooting the Georgia Bureau of Investigation has been asked to investigate in 2020.

In 2014, Von was charged with murder following a triple shooting that left one man dead in Chicago. He was ultimately acquitted following more than three years in jail.