An American concert promoter named Patrick Allocco says that he and his son were kidnapped after Nas failed to show up at a New Year’s Eve performance in Angola.

According to TMZ, Allocco, who serves as CEO for AllGood Entertainment, and his son were kidnapped at gunpoint by employees of local “concert impresario” Henrique “Riquhino” Miguel, who had supplied money for the show.

Allocco had paid Nas and opening act Jemiah Jai $315,000 to perform two shows but both artists failed to get on flights to Angola. Miguel took him into custody as he feared that Allocco would leave the country before the matter was resolved. He and his son were passed off to local authorities, who interrogated them for seven hours before letting them go. They are still in Angola trying to work out the money issue.

“The hope is that Nas and Jemiah Jai will return all of the monies that were wired to them immediately so that our ransom may be paid and our safe return to the United States may be facilitated,” read a statement from Allocco’s people.

[January 3]

UPDATE: Nas is reportedly trying to return the money he accepted from his botched New Year’s Eve performance in Angola so that concert promoter Patrick Allocco can return to the States. While he won’t “shoulder the entirety of the blame,” Nasty Nas agreed to perform the gig but called it off after a “miscommunication” about travel plans. He is unsure of where to send the check, but is working on the solution to bring him back to America.

[January 4]

UPDATE #2: During an interview with NJ’s The Star Ledger, concert promoter Patrick Allocco, who is still being held in Angola with his son, said that Nas returned $200,000 of his $300,000 payment to perform but won’t fork over the rest.

“He is supposed to send another $100,000, but now he is reneging,” Allocco said.

Allocco and his son are in an Angolan hotel hoping to resolve this “nightmare.”

[January 9]

UPDATE #3: According to TMZ, Patrick Allocco and his son have been freed from Angola, escored by Embassy Officials on a flight to Lisbon. They will be back in New Jersey on Saturday afternoon.

“An order was entered today by Angolan authorities lifting the travel ban which prevented [Patrick] and his son from leaving the country for 49 days after [Nas] failed to show for a New Year’s Eve concert,” said a rep for Allocco. “We are relieved that this nightmare is over and are looking forward to coming home to our family and friends who have supported us with their prayers and optimism during this ordeal.”

RELATED: Nas Talks “Ether,” Reuniting With Dr. Dre On “Hustlers”