Tory Lanez‘s sentencing date has been moved back a month after being convicted of shooting Megan Thee Stallion.

According to FOX 11 Los Angeles, a judge has set a new date of February 28 due to Lanez changing attorneys.

His sentencing was previously scheduled for January 2, roughly a month after he was found guilty of shooting Megan in the feet during a drunken dispute in the Hollywood Hills in July 2020.

One of Tory’s new attorneys, David Kenner — who is Suge Knight’s former attorney and helped Snoop Dogg beat his 1993 murder case — told Superior Court Judge David Herriford he was waiting for transcripts from last month’s trial so the defense could prepare a motion for a new trial.

Kenner told reporters the defense looked forward to litigating the latest portion of the case, but refused to say what grounds will be specified in the defense’s post-conviction motions.

Lanez has remained in jail without bail since the December 23 verdict after being convicted of one felony count each of assault with a semi-automatic firearm, discharging a firearm with gross negligence and carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle.

Tory Lanez: Alleged Audio Of Megan Thee Stallion Shooting Surfaces

Tory Lanez: Alleged Audio Of Megan Thee Stallion Shooting Surfaces

He’s facing a maximum sentence of 22 years and eight months in prison, as well as deportation to his native Canada.

In Deputy District Attorney Kathy Ta’s rebuttal argument, she told jurors that Lanez shot Megan Thee Stallion on July 12, 2020 after she “disrespected” his musical career.

Tory Lanez’s previous trial attorney, George Mgdesyan, urged the jury to acquit his client, claiming investigators “jumped to conclusions” and “botched” their investigation into the shooting.