Soulja and Drakeo’s feud all started back in 2020 after the former decided to adopt the “Big Draco” moniker while the “Talk to Me” rapper was in prison.
“There is only one Drakeo and that’s me. There is no Big Draco or none of that shit n-ggas is talking bout!!” Drakeo wrote on Instagram after he was released.
It didn’t take long for Soulja to respond as he took to Instagram Live to say: “Anything you rap n-ggas done did, I already did it, n-gga. Signing a record deal, I been did it. Fucking these groupie ass hoes, I been did it. Doing songs with these rap n-ggas, I been did it. Y’all n-ggas late, y’all n-ggas catching up. Going viral on the internet, I been did it.”
The beef never resolved itself, and Drakeo passed away a year later after he was stabbed at a Los Angeles festival. While the feud ultimately fizzled out, Desto Dubbs reminded Soulja Boy on Wednesday (July 5) that some people never forget.
“Hey, everybody tell Soulja Boy I want a boxing match,” he told his followers on Instagram Live. “C’mon Soulja, show me some money.”
He continued: “I got $100k saying I’ll slap the taste out of your mouth. I’ll fight this n-gga with one hand. Just keep Drakeo’s name out your mouth. Keep Drakeo’s name out of your mouth, can’t be doing all that shit.”
View this post on Instagram
Once again, it didn’t take long for Soulja to respond as the SODMG boss fired back during a profanity-laced Instagram Live rant.
“Y’all n-ggas end up dead, though. That’s a whole other story, that’s what I’m saying. Stop saying my name, pussy ass n-gga,” Soulja said. “Y’all fuck n-ggas boy. I’m not the one to play with, n-gga. You fuck n-ggas is not slapping shit, on God, n-gga. I’ll air this bitch out, 100 rounds, n-gga.”
He continued by speaking on a previous interaction he and Dubbs had in person and said if he had tried anything with him then, then he would have gotten shot.
“You knew. We been beefing, n-gga. You ain’t gonna slap shit,” Soulja continued. “Drakeo your brother and shit…don’t ever speak on me no more, n-gga, or we going to war.”
View this post on Instagram
Shortly after Drakeo The Ruler’s death, his family announced that they were opening a wrongful death lawsuit against Live Nation, one of the organizers behind the festival where he was fatally stabbed.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Yolanda Orozco eventually ruled in favor of Drakeo’s brother Devante Caldwell to have his case move forward, dismissing a motion by Live Nation to have the case dismissed.
Related Box Error: Post ID Or Slug Incorrect, No Post Found!
In the motion, filed last July, the company claimed that it could not be held liable for the attack on the slain rapper, which took place backstage at the Once Upon A Time In L.A. festival in December 2021.
Live Nation maintained that it had no way to predict such an attack could happen, as no similar prior incident had happened at the Banc of California Stadium in L.A.’s Exposition Park, where the event was held. However, Orozco’s ruling listed a number of reasons to move forward with Devante Caldwell’s suit.
“Although the occurrence of a mob/gang attack may have occurred for the first time, defendants may nevertheless be held liable if the facts show that the danger was foreseeable and/or preventable,” she wrote. “The fact that defendants knew security would be needed for the event supports the finding that the performing artists’ safety was a concern for defendants and foreseeable to defendants.”
Drakeo’s murder remains unsolved. It was previously reported that the investigation into his death had stalled due to a lack of witness cooperation.