Nicki Minaj and husband Kenneth Petty have reportedly yet to respond to sexual assault victim Jennifer Hough’s lawsuit. According to Hollywood Unlocked,the papers were served on September 13, allowing more than enough time for Nicki and Petty to address the matter. Consequently, Hough’s attorney is asking the judge for a $15 million default judgement against the couple.
As the court documents state, “In a request to Douglas Palmer of U.S. District Court – Eastern District of New York, Hough’s attorney Tyrone A Blackburn asks to “please enter the default of defendants Onika Tanya Maraj, and Kenneth Petty, AKA Zoo, pursuant to Rule 55(a) of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure for failure to plead or otherwise defend this action as fully appears from the court file herein and from the attached affirmation of Tyrone A. Blackburn, Esq.”
Hough initially filed the lawsuit in August, accusing Petty of intimidation and Ms. Minaj of “harassing” and “threatening” her in an effort to get Hough to recant her sexual assault story. Petty and Hough were both 16 at the time of the alleged incident. Petty was charged with first-degree rape but wound up serving four years in prison after pleading guilty to attempted rape, the lesser charge.
Hough appeared on an episode of The Real last month and detailed her experiences with the couple. When asked if she’d ever spoken to Nicki directly, she replied, “I did. In March of 2020. She called me, and said she got word I was willing to help them out in the situation
“I didn’t understand what she was referring to, and she offered to fly me and my family to L.A. I turned it down. I told her, woman-to-woman, this really happened and I haven’t spoken to her since.”
In an exclusive interview,, Jennifer Hough, the woman suing Nicki Minaj and her husband Kenneth Petty over allegations including witness intimidation and harassment, opens up about the lawsuit and speaks out for the first time on camera. (2/3) pic.twitter.com/ZRS7m9BBGc
— The Real (@TheRealDaytime) September 22, 2021
Jennifer Hough also claimed Nicki’s associates tried to bribe her into keeping her mouth shut.
“[They were] sending people to negotiate numbers as far as money is concerned with family members, and Nicki is the one who personally reached out to me in regard to helping her, helping them in this situation,” she explained. “And then the threats that I received because I kept saying no to every offer, to every suggestion.
“The last incident was when one of their associates put $20,000 on my lap, and I still kept saying no. The last message I received was that I should have taken the money ’cause they’re going to take that money to put on my head.”
The couple has yet to address the allegations publicly.