YoungBoy Never Broke Again’s mounting legal troubles will keep him behind bars for the foreseeable future. According to XXL, the Baton Rouge native was denied bond by a Lousiana judge on Thursday (April 1) and will remain in jail until he’s brought to trial for the gun charges relating to his September 2020 arrest.

The United States Attorney for the Middle District of Louisiana deemed YoungBoy — born Kentrell Gaulden — to be a “danger to the community.” He is facing charges for possessing a weapon as a convicted felon.

HipHopDX | Rap & Hip Hop News | Ad Placeholder



“He is charged with possessing a gun as a convicted felon, and he possessed another gun as he fled from law enforcement at the time of his arrest,” the court filing allegedly reads. “When his gun possession is combined with his violent crime, attempts to flee from law enforcement, which included a high speed chase in and around a neighborhood that included a middle school, and his pervasive marijuana use Gaulden clearly and convincingly presents a danger to the community.”

When the 21-year-old was arrested in September 2020 alongside 16 others at a video shoot, his bond conditions included mandated drug tests, curfew check-ins and monthly office visits. According toWAFB9, YoungBoy has skipped out on the drug-testing portion of his bond provisions.

YoungBoy’s March arrest in Los Angeles by FBI agents following a short on-foot pursuit after initially being pulled over also played a role in having his bond revoked. A loaded firearm was reportedly found in his car, but it’s unclear if it’s his. He was granted a $540,000 bond in California, but could only secure his freedom if approved in the Louisiana court system, which he wasn’t.

YoungBoy Never Broke Again Reportedly Violated Bond Conditions By Skipping Mandated Drug Tests

YoungBoy Never Broke Again reportedly has a scheduled hearing in April where his attorney will seek to have all of his bond conditions dismissed. He was arrested in September 2020 by federal agents on drug and firearm charges after detectives received an anonymous tip that guns were being brandished on a Baton Rouge street.