After Suge Knight’s bail was initially set at $2 million and then revoked after the former Death Row Records CEO was deemed a flight risk, the Los Angeles Times reports that prosecutors in the case against Knight are now asking for bail to be set at $25 million.
To defend their request for $25 million bail, prosecutors have compiled 295 pages of written arguments and supporting evidence that document what prosecutors have referred to as Knight’s “shameless life of crime.”
Among the crimes mentioned in the 295 pages of court documents are robbery, assault, and witness intimidation.
Additionally, the Los Angeles Times reports that the court documents also suggest that the announcement of the N.W.A biopic, Straight Outta Compton fueled Knight’s anger. According to the documents, he was upset “that he was not compensated for his likeness in the movie.”
Knight also reportedly called Dr. Dre a homophobic slur, and threatened the music producer and Ice Cube, in a text message sent to an unidentified person.
Following a hit-and-run, which took place earlier this year, the former music exec is currently charged with murder, attempted murder, and two counts of hit-and-run.
Suge Knight’s bail review is scheduled to take place today (March 20).
For additional Suge Knight coverage, watch the following DX Daily:
(March 20, 2015)
UDPATE: Suge Knight collapsed in a Los Angeles courtroom after his bail was raised to $25 million today (March 20), according to the Los Angeles Times.
“Just bam,” the former Death Row Record executive’s attorney said. “He’s unconscious right now.”
MORE: Suge Knight collapsed in courtroom after bail hearing. "Just, bam," his attorney said. "He's unconscious right now." via @marisagerber
— L.A. Times: L.A. Now (@LANow) March 20, 2015