RZA is pulling out the big guns for the soundtrack to his directorial debut The Man With the Iron Fists. During an interview with Wired, the Wu-Tang Clan swordsman revealed the eclectic lineup for the soundtrack to the film, which will feature Kanye West, Wiz Khalifa, The Black Keys, My Chemical Romance and more.
“It’s very diverse. You have music from Black Keys, music from Kanye West, Wiz Khalifa, My Chemical Romance, rock and roll guys, as well as Sally Yeh, who does John Woo movies, a famous Chinese singer,” he said. “And then we’ve got my buddy Howard Drossin, he’s a trained musician, trained composer and we wrote a lot of different cues.”
He also shared his excitement over the fact that Sony handed over the Wu-Tang Clan masters for his use on the film. RZA said that he broke down the tracks and re-orchestrated them, which he also did for records given to him by Stax Recordings.
“One thing I think we did that was so cool for me was we went and got some of Wu-Tang’s original songs, the masters, Sony gave them to us to you, and we took out a lot of stuff that was in it and re-orchestrated it. And then Stax also came on board to help us out and they gave me about 10 of their famous Stax cues, songs from William Bell, from Isaac Hayes, from Mable John. So we were able strip them down and re-orchestrate it. You’re going to have a great time listening to this movie as a soundtrack.”
UPDATE: The soundtrack and production credits for RZA’s The Man With the Iron Fists have been revealed.
1. The Black Keys / RZA : The Baddest Man Alive [produced by The Black Keys and The RZA]
2. Ghostface Killah / M.O.P. / Pharoahe Monch : Black Out [produced by Fizzy Womack]
3. Kanye West : White Dress [produced by Kanye West and The RZA]
4. The Revelations feat. Tre Williams : I Forgot To Be Your Lover [produced by Bob Perry]
5. Idol Warship [Talib Kweli / RES] : Get Your Way [produced by Frank Dukes and BadBadNotGood]
6. The Wu-Tang Clan / Kool G Rap : Rivers of Blood [produced by Frank Dukes and BadBadNotGood]
7. Method Man / Freddie Gibbs / Street Life : Built For This [produced by Frank Dukes]
8. Killa Sin : The Archer [produced by Frank Dukes]
9. RZA / Flatbush Zombies : Just Blowin’ In The Wind [produced by The RZA]
10. Pusha T / Raekwon / Joell Ortiz : Tick, Tock [produced by Frank Dukes and S-1]
11. Corrine Bailey Rae : Chains [produced by Steven James Brown and Corrine Bailey Rae]
12. Francis Yip : Green Is The Mountain
13. The Wu-Tang Clan : Six Directions of Boxing [produced by Frank Dukes]
14. Mable John : Your Good Thing (Is About To Come To An End) [produced by Isaac Hayes and David Porter]
15. Wiz Khalifa / Ghostface Killah / Boy Jones : I Go Hard [produced by The RZA]
UPDATE #2: Get On Down, makers of the limited edition Raekwon Only Built 4 Cuban Linx… Purple Tape box-set, have announced another exclusive treat for Wu-Tang Clan fans. The Boston, Massachussetts-based imprint will release 500 2LP copies of The Man With The Iron Fistssoundtrack.
In addition to a color jacket and movie poster included inside, buyers will receive a vonus picture sleeve 7” single: “Bust Shots” b/w “Bust Shots (Instrumental),” featuring Ghostface Killah, Inspectah Deck and Sheek Louch.
Orders will ship the first week of November, via purchase at GetOnDown.com.
UPDATE #3: Soul Temple Records has released a stream of RZA’s The Man With The Iron Fists soundtrack. Stream the project below (via X).