Championed by URB Magazine as the “Best Rapper in Boston,” Project Move/Electric Company alum Moe Pop is teaming up with Masta Ace and Reks producer Rain for an album titled Life After God. Set for a July 27 release on Brick Records, the album promises to be “…firmly planted in traditional Boom Bap and Rock” and will feature Bean Town heavyweights Edo G. and Reks.
In other news, the tracklist and production credits to Bilal’s highly anticipated return LP Airtight’s Revenge have recently been revealed. Clocking in at 11 songs, the album will find the crooner collaborating with the likes of Notzz, 88 Keys, Tone Whitfield, Shafiq Husayn and Steve Mckie.
Furthermore, legendary emcees Q-Tip and Phonte have recently released videos in which they speak on Bilal. Tip’s video can be found here, while Phonte’s can be viewed here. Airtight’s Revenge drops this September 14 vid Plug Research.
1. Cake & Eat It Too – Produced by Bilal Oliver & Steve Mckie
2. Restart – Produced by Bilal Oliver & Steve Mckie
3. All Matter – Produced by Bilal Oliver & Steve Mckie
4. Flying – Produced by Bilal Oliver & Nottz
5. Levels – Produced by Bilal Oliver & Shafiq Husayn
6. Little One – Produced by Conley “Tone” Whitfield
7. Move On – Produced by Bilal Oliver & Steve Mckie
8. Robots – Produced by Bilal Oliver
9. The Dollar – Produced by Bilal Oliver & Steve Mckie
10. Who Are You – Produced by Bilal Oliver & Steve Mckie
11. Think It Over – Produced by 88 Keys
Finally, Drake and OurStage are teaming up for the “Thank Me Later” Competition, in which aspiring artists can upload one of their songs to the competition website for a chance to be able to perform at Drake’s upcoming Caribana concert in Toronto this August 1.
Fans can also enter the competition as a backstage correspondent to the August 1 concert. Those looking to enter can follow the same link above and upload a video answering the question “Why would I make the best backstage correspondent?” The winner will get the opportunity to cover the behind-the-scenes of Drizzy’s homecoming concert.
Entries for both competitions began on July 6 and will conclude July 22.