Dr. Steven Perry, the founder and head of schools for Capital Preparatory, released a statement on Tuesday (November 28) confirming that the charter school network had parted ways with Diddy.
“Following a comprehensive evaluation, a decision has been made to end the partnership between Capital Preparatory Schools and Sean Combs,” Dr. Perry wrote in a statement shared on the school’s official website. “While this decision was not made lightly, we firmly believe it is in the best interest of our organization’s health and future.”
The statement was subsequently deleted, though a screenshot can be seen below.
— HipHopDX (@HipHopDX) November 29, 2023
Earlier this month, Cassie filed a disturbing lawsuit against Diddy — who dated on-and-off from 2007 through 2018 — alleging trafficking, sexual abuse, assault, and more.
She went on to reach a settlement with Diddy less than 24 hours later, although the financial terms were not disclosed.
“I have decided to resolve this matter amicably on terms that I have some level of control,” Cassie (real name Casandra Ventura) said in a statement (via the Post). “I want to thank my family, fans and lawyers for their unwavering support.”
Diddy shared his own statement, in which he explained the former couple had come to an agreement amicably.
“We have decided to resolve this matter amicably,” he said. “I wish Cassie and her family all the best.”
On Tuesday (November 28), TMZ reported that Puff has temporarily stepped down as the chairman of Revolt, the network he founded a decade ago.
A source told TMZ the move “was to not allow the accusations he’s facing distract from Revolt’s mission or success.”
The most recent lawsuit against Diddy (real name Sean Combs) accuses him of raping two women “in 1990 or 1991.” The suit alleges that singer Aaron Hall, best known as a member of the R&B/new jack swing group Guy, also raped both women on the same night.
Court documents state that the plaintiff, listed in the filing as Jane Doe, and a friend were invited back to Hall’s apartment following an industry event. She claims Diddy “coerced” her into sex and that Hall later “barged into the room, pinned her down and forced [her] to have sex with him.”
Doe says her friend, who is not involved in the filing, claimed she “had been forced to have sex with Combs and Hall in another room.” Furthermore, she says an “irate” Combs visited the woman and her friend again days later, “choking Jane Doe to the point that she passed out,” resulting in her seeking medical treatment.
“He was worried that she would tell the girl he was with at the time what he and Hall had done to them,” the complaint says.
Denying the claims, a spokesperson for Diddy told HipHopDX: “These are fabricated claims falsely alleging misconduct from over 30 years ago and filed at the last minute. This is nothing but a money grab. Because of Mr. Combs’ fame and success, he is an easy target for anonymous accusers who lie without conscience or consequence for financial benefit.
“The New York Legislature surely did not intend or expect the Adult Survivors Act to be exploited by scammers. The public should be skeptical and not rush to accept these bogus allegations.”
This became the third sexual assault lawsuit filed against Diddy in the space of a week. He first faced allegations of rape and domestic violence from Cassie, who he dated for a decade until 2018. He denied all allegations and quickly settled the suit, with his lawyer saying the decision “is in no way an admission of wrongdoing.”
The second person to accuse Diddy of sexual assault was Joi Dickerson-Neal, who claims that the rapper and producer drugged and raped her in the early ’90s, while also filming the act.
He denied these allegations as well, saying through his spokesperson: “This last-minute lawsuit is an example of how a well-intentioned law can be turned on its head. Ms. Dickerson’s 32-year-old story is made up and not credible. Mr. Combs never assaulted her and she implicates companies that did not exist. This is purely a money grab and nothing more.”