It’s odd, but British singer Amy Winehouse is garnering a lot of Hip-Hop love. Rappers such as Ghostface and Pharoahe Monch have all expressed appreciation for her music by appearing on tracks by the singer.
Now, two more rappers have shown their appreciation for her music.
Recently, Snoop said he was inspired by Winehouse’s solo album. He was inspired enough to go into the studio and record an album without guests partly because of the singer’s LP.
Now, Jay-Z is showin’ her love by appearing on “Rehab Remix.”
Why do rappers gravitate towards her?
"I wouldn't know what it is, apart from being different…Obviously I didn't set out to do that," she told MTV, "but I have pride in being different. And the Jay-Z remix is wicked. I'm flattered that he liked [the song] enough to do something with it."
This is all extra love for her, she says, adding that she would love to tour the states.
"I've done an album I'm proud of, and that's it for me…The rest of it is icing on the cake. I love playing gigs, and if I get to come to America and play more shows and see more places on the back of a really good record, I'm the happiest girl in the world."
For now, fans in the States can catch her on the following dates.
4/26 - San Francisco, CA @ Popscene
· 4/27 - Indio, CA @ Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival
· 5/2 - Minneapolis, MN @ Varsity Theater
· 5/3 - Chicago, IL @ Vic Theatre
· 5/5 - Philadelphia , PA @ Electric Factory
· 5/7 - Boston , MA @ Avalon Ballroom
· 5/8 - New York , NY @ Highline Ballroom
· 5/9 - New York , NY @ Highline Ballroom
· 5/12 - Toronto , ON @ Mod Club Theatre
· 5/13 - Toronto , ON @ Mod Club Theatre
· 8/3 - Chicago , IL @ Lollapalooza