Taylor Bennett is making his own mark on the industry and weeks after his brother, Chance The Rapper, won three Grammy Awards, he’s here with his own Restoration of an American Idol project.
The younger Bennett has nine tracks on the project and nabs features from Chance, of course, as well as fellow Chicagoans Jeremih and Supa Bwe. Other guest appearances come from Lil Yachty — who addresses the controversy surrounding his comments about The Notorious B.I.G. on his verse for “Neon Lights” — Raury, Stro, Kyle, Luke Tennyson and Aubree Jenai.
Production is done by Mike WiLL Made-It, CEO Beatz and Ludlow.
This comes after the release of Taylor’s Broad Shoulders project last year, which featured Chano on the title track as well as King Louie and Joey Purrp.
Last month, Taylor came out as bisexual and received the support of many, including Chance.
Taylor Bennett’s Restoration of an American Idol album stream, cover art and tracklist are below.
- Intro (The Kid’s Alright)f. Princeton of Mindless Behavior (Prod. by Sus.Life, Ludlow & j.factor)
- Roof Gone (Prod. by CEO Beatz)
- Grown up fairy Tales f. Chance The Rapper & Jeremih (Prod. by Mike Will MadeIt)
- Favorite Colors f. Kyle & Luke Tennyson (Prod. by Luke Tennyson)
- Play My Part f. Aubree Jenai (Prod. by CEO Beatz & 5HERiFF)
- New York Nights f. Stro & Jordan Bratton (Prod. by Treble.fm & Taylor Bennett)
- Nobody tell a Name f. Raury (Prod. by Ludlow)
- Neon Lights f. Supa Bwe & Lil Yachty (Prod. by ZiG)
- Outro (Chi-Town Anthem) (Prod. by Ludlow)