Suge Knight will be bailed out of jail by Floyd Mayweather, according to Knight’s lawyer, Matt Fletcher. 

“My understanding is that Suge’s going to be bailed out this coming week,” Fletcher says during an interview with the New York Daily News. “We think Mr. Mayweather is going to win the championship and then come champion the day again. They’re good friends and there’s no reason he shouldn’t and we believe that will happen.”

Mayweather is slated to fight Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas Saturday (May 2). 

Knight was charged with murder and attempted murder after being arrested January 30 on murder charges regarding his alleged involvement in a deadly hit-and-run outside of Tam’s Burgers near the 1200 block of West Rosecrans Avenue in Los Angeles.

Knight reportedly allegedly injured two of the men he allegedly hit with his truck and killed a third, Terry Carter.

Knight’s bail had been set at $25 millionbut has been reduced to $10 million.

Suge Knight’s murder trail has been set for July 7 by Los Angeles Superior Court judge Ronald Coen, according to a report today.

For additional Suge Knight coverage, watch the following DX Daily:

Please enable Javascript to watch this video

(April 30, 2015)

UPDATE: Suge Knight will not be bailed out of jail by Floyd Mayweather, TMZ says.

A member of Mayweather’s camp denied the claim made by Matthew Fletcher, Knight’s attorney, that Mayweather would be bailing Knight out of jail after his match tomorrow (May 2).

Mayweather’s associate also told TMZ that the boxer and Knight have not been in contact for years.

Fletcher told TMZ he made the comment based on what Knight’s family had told him.