Producer DJ Mustard has announced that he is releasing his debut album 10 Summers August 12 exclusively through Google Play’s streaming service All Access. The album will be free on Google Play for the first two weeks of its release.
“Last night I was thinking in the studio like ‘Man, I’ve been prolonging this album and this album was for the summer, and I called some of my people at Roc Nation and I’m like ‘Yo, why don’t we get with Google Play and for the first two weeks we give it to the fans for free?'" DJ Mustard says in a video on his YouTube page. “Because I feel like if it wasnt for the streets I probably wouldn’t be in the position I’m in today.”
According to the press release, the 10 Summers track “Face Down” features Lil Wayne, Big Sean, YG, and Boosie Badazz. Other features include Nipsey Hussle, Teecee, RJ, Jay 305, Dom Kennedy, Royce, Jeezy, 2 Chainz, Ty Dolla $ign, IamSu!, AKAFrank, Fabolous, Eric Bellinger, Rick Ross, Wiz Khalifa, and Teeflii. There is also a track titled “Tinashe Checks In.”
DJ Mustard has produced a slew of tracks for several artists, including hits like Tyga’s “Rack City, 2 Chainz’s “I’m Different” and YG’s “My Nigga."
YG recently criticized the producers of Iggy Azalea’s “Fancy” for “jocking” DJ Mustard’s sound: “And DJ Mustard, that nigga producers is they jocking/ ‘Fancy,’ don’t it sound like he produced that shit?”
The 10 Summers tracklist is as follows:
1. Low Low Feat. Nipsey Hussle, TeeCee and RJ
2. Ghetto Tales Feat. Jay 305 and TeeCee
3. Throw Your Hood Up Feat. Dom Kennedy, Royce and RJ
4. No Reason Feat. YG, Jeezy, Nipsey Hussle, and RJ
5. Giuseppee Feat. 2 Chainz and Jeezy and Yo Gotti
6. Face Down Feat. Lil Wayne, Big Sean, YG and Boosie Badazz
7. Down On Me Feat. 2Chainz and Ty Dolla $ign
8. Can't Tell Me Shit Feat. IamSu! and AKAFrank
9. Tinashe Checks In (Interlude)
10. 4 Digits Feat. Fabolous and Eric Bellinger
11. Ty Dolla $ign Checks In (Interlude)
12. Deep Feat. Rick Ross, Wiz Khalifa, TeeFlii
For more on DJ Mustard, watch the following DX Daily.
(July 23, 2014)
The album's cover art is as follows: