Death Row Records/WIDE Awake Entertainment will release Doggy Bag from veteran Gangsta Rap duo Tha Dogg Pound on July 3, as reported by DubCNN. Daz Dillinger (f/k/a Dat Nigga Daz) and Kurupt were formerly signed to the label founded by Suge Knight and Dr. Dre in the 1990s. These recordings were kept by Death Row, who was purchased by WIDE Awake in 2009.
The group's mentor, Snoop Dogg, along with Nate Dogg, The Lady of Rage, Warren G and Crooked I are featured on the 15 recordings for sale on Doggy Bag. Original and alternate mixes for early singles "Let's Play House" and "Me In Your World" are included.
Tha Dogg Pound released their first group album, 1995's Dogg Food on Death Row. The album would become a record-breaking #1 independent debut and multi-platinum success for the pair. In 1997, Kurupt left Death Row to form Antra Records while Daz stayed on to be the Musical Supervisor for the notorious label. By 2001, Daz had left Death Row and Kurupt returned to serve briefly as label president with Suge Knight, before departing in the mid-2000s a second time.
Daz and Kurupt have released seven studio Dogg Pound albums since Dogg Food. Death Row has previously released an unofficial DPG album, 2001's ironically-titled 2002.
The tracklisting to Doggy Bag is as follows:
01) Like Dis
02) Every Single Day (Feat. Nate Dogg, Snoop Dogg)
04) Everybody Needs To Slow Down
05) I Don't Care What the People Say
06) Me In Your World [Original] (Feat. The Lady of Rage)
07) Let's Play House [Original] (Feat. Warren G, Michel'le)
08) These Reasons
09) It Might Sound Crazy [Remix] (Feat. Too Short)
10) Farewell To My Enemies [Interlude]
11) Save a Life (Feat. Prince Ital Joe)
12) Big Pimpin' (Feat. Snoop Dogg)
13) U Ain't Tha Home (Feat. Crooked I)
14) Life I Lead
15) N.Y. 87 (Feat. Deadly Threat)