From the label just named one of the “10 Best Record Labels of 2012” by FACT Magazine and the crew who brought the world Raekwon’s Only Built 4 Cuban Linx “ Purple Tape Cassette Box” (which, as a cassette-only release, sold out in a mere 36-hours), it’s time for another hip-hop celebration.
This time they have set their sights on arguably the most defining hip-hop album of the ‘90s: Nas’ 1994 debut, Illmatic. With the deluxe, premium packaging Get on Down is known for, including an extended-length cherry-wood box, a 48- page hard-cover book and reproductions of unique promotional items from the original 1994 marketing campaign, this is another set you don’t want to sleep on.
Nas Illmatic Deluxe “Gold Edition” CD Features
- “24k Audiophile Gold Disc” CD with re-mastered audio and actual 24-karat gold embedded in the CD, housed in a “Cherrywood Trophy Box” with gold plaque
- 48-page full-color, hard-cover book including liner notes from The Source founder Jon Schecter, extended artwork and full album lyrics
- Black 2-piece outer box with 1994 “Nas” red-on-white logo sticker
- Reproduction of 1994 Illmatic press release, with two 8 x 10 glossy promo photos from Illmatic PR campaign
- Rare 1994 promotional poster with full album lyrics printed on back
CD & LP Deluxe Bundle ($49.94): http://www.getondown.com/album.php?id=15691
CD-only Deluxe Package ($34.94): http://www.getondown.com/album.php?id=15669
Deadline is 2012-12-17